- Research budget policies and best practices for continuous improvement to the City of Austin budget document and other reports published by the City of Austin Budget Office.
- Work with Budget Office and departmental staff to create the bilingual budget highlights summary document for the City Manager and Council.
- Assist with development of other operating and capital budget deliverables as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the processes and theories used for public budgetary and financial policies.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing financial and performance data.
- Skill in effective oral and/or written communication.
- Skill in processing large volumes of numerical data.
- Skill in resolving problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Skill in priority setting and time management.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
Location: Austin City Hall. Position reports to Corporate Budget Manager.
Term: Up to 40 hours per week, flexible scheduling, generally 8:00am to 5:00pm weekdays.
Compensation: Pay commensurate with experience.
Minimum Qualifications: Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in public policy, public administration, business administration, planning, economics, or other related field. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university preferred; however, exceptional undergraduate candidates may apply. Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 programs.
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to:
Leigh Byford, Corporate Budget Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-974-2743