Texas Department of Public Safety: Chief Auditor’s Office 5805 N Lamar Blvd, MSC- 0180 Austin, Texas 78752 Contact: Steve Goodson, Chief Auditor 512-424-2158
Internship Description: Objectives: To provide interns an opportunity to be exposed to and apply basic internal audit concepts and methodologies. These concepts and methodologies will be applied while conducting assurance audits or providing advisory services.
Duties: Assist audit project managers with the implementation of audit programs to address specific audit objectives. Administrative and research projects may also be assigned.
This paid internship is for the Summer of 2013. The position requires a minimum of 20 hours per week and a maximum of 40. ______________________________________________________________________________________ Qualifications: Required:
Must have been enrolled in the Spring 2013 semester as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated with a bachelors or masters degree in 2012 or 2013. Undergraduate students must have achieved Junior status or higher.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using facilitation and instructional skills
- Specific internal auditing knowledge (or course work), including internal controls and risk assessment.
- Specific knowledge of management principles (or course work), including the basic functions of planning, organizing, directing, evaluating and controlling.
- Ability to organize assigned work, set time frames, prioritize and meet goals.
- Effectively work in a professional team environment.
The applicant selected for this paid internship must pass a background check and will be an employee of Peak Performers and not an employee of the Texas Department of Public Safety. To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to Steve.Goodson@dps.texas.gov no later than 5pm on May 31, 2013.