The Capitol Office of Representative Jarvis Johnson is currently seeking energetic, hard-working applicants for unpaid internship opportunities for the Fall of 2016. The position is available immediately. This internship program will offer students the opportunity to explore their interest in public service through hands-on experience in the legislative process. Qualified candidates should expect a minimum of 20 hours per week, assisting with day-to-day office operations and constituent casework.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Enrolled full-time as a graduate student with a concentration in Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Administration or Education
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Strong work ethic and a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively work with representatives from government agencies, legislative offices, and
• An ability to understand complex policy issues
• An interest in public service and the legislative process
Please send cover letter, resume and availability to Dr. Richard A. Johnson III, Chief of Staff, at Richard.email@example.com with the title Internship Application in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Jarvis Johnson Intern Posting